|Stowe, VT -- A four season destination offering all sorts of activities for visitors. There is a world of possibilities for you to explore here. Skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, biking, golfing, dining, shopping, and so much more are at your fingertips.
But before you enjoy all of those things, here`s some things to know about our picturesque New England Town:
1) Stowe`s local population is just around 4,400 folks. During peak seasons of the year, this number will nearly quadruple! Our road systems weren`t quite built to support so many drivers, so traffic may be a burden at times. Of course, not as bad as the larger cities... Our roads are all single lane. Be patient, enjoy the views, and you`ll come to realize that getting everywhere so quickly isn`t too big of deal. We`re on Green Mountain Time here, just enjoying our surroundings and appreciating each day as it comes.
2) During your visit to Stowe, you`ll likely experience a few areas where you don`t receive cell reception. Some may view that negatively, but we see it as a good way to put the phone away and enjoy the area with the family and friends that are with you. Our internet isn`t `slow`, it`s just not quite as fast as what a metropolitan area may provide. Don`t worry, all of our homes are equipped with WiFi, so you can rest assured that your business needs can be taken care of.
3) The locals are friendly! We have a very tight-knit community here that values each other`s well-being. As a guest in our town, you should expect to receive a warm welcome. Just be respectful and friendly, and the response you get will be warm. Don`t be afraid to ask for directions or recommendations, many folks here are happy to help, and love to share their favorite restaurant, hike, etc.
4) Most of our businesses are family-owned and operated. This is something we take deep pride in. The Town of Stowe typically won`t allow large franchises to locate in Stowe. Our small businesses are the heart of our community, and we`ve got some great ones here. From Bakeries and Coffee Shops, restaurants, boutiques and general stores, hardware stores, and inns, our businesses are sure to please. We offer some of the best dining and lodging in New England, ranking high in magazines and various forms of media. Even some attention from the Boston Globe, Forbes, People Magazine, Travel & Leisure and USA Today has been given!
5) Bring your camera! Seriously. Every season here offers a beautiful take on life in Vermont. The scenery that Mt. Mansfield provides, and our beautiful little village are the only reasons you need to snap some memories. We live in a truly special place, one that consistently is ranked by magazines such as U.S. News and Architectural Digest as a "Best Small Town" to live in and visit. We couldn`t agree more!
6) Sure, Winter and Summer are fantastic here, but don`t miss out on Spring and Fall. Spring is a great season here, the weather gets warmer, flowers and trees bloom, and everyone`s cheery. Right when the sun shows itself and the temperature rises, our maple season begins. Trees begin to produce sap, which is the start of the maple syrup making process. It`s an awesome activity to experience, and many of our local sugar houses allow visitors to come and enjoy the sweet aromas and scenes that come along with the process. Fall is splendid in Stowe! It has some of the country`s best foliage. Our mountains are covered in colorful leaves that make for an incredible sight. Not to mention, you can visit the Cold Hollow Cider Mill for some fresh cider donuts and hot apple cider. It doesn`t get better than that!
~~~Thanks for reading, and I hope you`ve found this article helpful in planning your trip to Stowe. See you soon!